These one-day bootcamps are designed to kick-start your new business
Ready, Set, Go!
Perfect for people who want to turn passions or interests into feasible business ideas, Starting-Up Saturdays are free one-day bootcamp sessions to help you go from Wantrepreneur to Entrepreneur. A Starting-Up Saturday bootcamp will create a space where you can think deeply about your business without interruption. Through a combination of presentations, activities and exercises, it will teach you some of the skills you need to get your business started. Providing you with access to experts and the opportunity to connect with fellow participants, building a network to help you on your start-up journey.
Meet the Experts lunch sponsored by Airtel-Vodafone - April 2021
Why apply for a Starting-Up Saturday bootcamp?
- Join other early-stage entrepreneurs in shaping & honing your business idea
- Define your vision and mission for success!
- Get support on how to identify your customers
- Develop your business plan and next steps
- Receive advice from industry experts at our new 'Meet the Experts' lunch sponsored by Airtel-Vodafone
Meet the Experts Lunch sponsored by Airtel-Vodafone
During the Meet the Experts lunch break participants can sit down and have one-to-one conversations with industry experts essential to starting their businesses. This gives these new businesses the opportunity to ask questions specific to their individual context and include these needs in their business strategy from the very beginning. The industry experts include:
- Airtel-Vodafone - Mobile Telecommunications and Internet of Things
- Crowd Media - Strategic Communications including Advertising and Branding
- Islands - Insurance Specialists
- Barclays - Finances, Cashflow and Banking Experts
- BDO - Accounting Specialists
- Delimited - IT solutions
Ashish Petwal from Airtel-Vodafone, expert in Mobile Telecommunications and Internet of Things says:
‘Covid 19 has accelerated the pace of digitisation, changed the way businesses communicate with their customers and further highlighted the reliance on mobile working. We’re delighted to support this Digital Greenhouse initiative and during the session start-ups can benefit from mobility health checks and advise on how Internet of Things technology can be used to drive business efficiency and insight.’
Here's what previous participants are saying:
"Starting Up Saturday was really beneficial as it helped me see my business goals and the route of how to make it my reality."
"The most beneficial part of Starting Up Saturday was networking with others and ideas about how to grow the business."
- 100% of July's attendees would recommend the bootcamp to a friend.
- 100% of July attendees rated their experience of the bootcamp as excellent.
- Attendees said the most beneficial things about the bootcamp included:
- Networking at the Meet the Experts lunch
- Writing up the business and customer models
- Connecting with others and having a practical approach to starting up a new business
- Focusing on revenue streams and the customer to ensure I can survive and thrive!
Our next Starting Up Saturday will be on 9th October 2021.
To register your interest please complete the form below.
The bootcamp runs from 09:45 - 17:00 and you must be able to attend the full day of the programme to qualify for a place.
Another bootcamp is scheduled for the 27th of November if you cannot make the 9th October.